Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sonja Henie's Scandinavian Cookies


“Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles.”

Ha ha! That's my favourite Silver Screen Supper quote so far. LOVE IT.

Like Sonja herself these were cute, cute, cute. Easy to make but they look impressive with their little dents filled with blackcurrant jam.

The MS Cake Break day was a roaring success. I raised almost £150 thanks to the generosity of my workmates. I was in the office kitchen all day with my pinny on cooking these, Fred MacMurray Chocolate Fudge Upside Down Cake and Anna May Wong Teacakes which I attempted to ice so they looked more like cupcakes. HOW do people make cupcakes that are flat on the top? I guess they use plain flour rather than self-raising. All mine had very pleasing mounds on top which resisted butter icing but so be it!

Verdict on Sonja's Cookies from her big fan Phil? "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!"

No comments: