Monday, December 28, 2009

Roland Young's Rissoles

I'm as surprised as Roland is that the rissoles are not an annual tradition as I first thought. The last time I made them was the year before last and they didn't make an appearance in 2008. I am shocked!

I hereby pronounce them an annual tradition. The best, best, best way of making the most of the annual post Christmas food parcel. I chopped up the turkey slices, pigs in blankets, stuffing and bacon and mixed them up with the other ingredients Roland suggested and they made the most yummy little patties ever.

I had to make a last minute plan today. Charley was poised for a trip to the countryside but Rosalind and Jimmy had to wait in for the cable guy. Hence a luncheon party in the Crouch seemed the best option and we had a late lunch (Linner / Dunch) incorporating Roland's Rissoles.

Alas, nobody knew the classic phrase to quote when invited to such a repast, as Ginger would have put it when invited to a last minute lunch: "I'll be round like a rissole!"

4 comments:

Tom said...

I remember him as one of the Spider's victims in the 30s "Dick Tracy" serial.

Lya de Putti said...

Aha! For me it is (as the IMDB puts it) "the irrepressible, fanny-pinching Uncle Willy" in Philadelphia Story. Would have been great to have watched that after our rissoles but we went to the pub instead!

Discerning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

Actually, I might be thinking of the wrong actor. I'd have to watch the movie again to be sure...sorry. I don't remember him in Philadelphia Story at all. Guess I'll need to see that again, too.