Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rosalind Russell's Garden Vegetable Salad


“Flops are a part of life's menu and I've never been a girl
to miss out on any of the courses.”

How right RR was – her salad was indeed a flop. The kind of salad an elderly relative might cobble together so that there is something “healthy” to have with cheap sausages at a barbecue. I’m glad I tried it out last night in advance of my very own Rosalind Russell coming over for dinner next Friday night. Certainly not something I would inflict on guests. Jeesh.

I guess I may have just lost my appetite though after sending a “burning your budgies” text to the chaw-bacon. I do NOT want to meet him for a drink and decided that rather than just putting him off with lame excuses I should just tell him so, and did.

Maybe this then was the cause for the heartburn rather than the radishes…

No comments: