Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Greta Garbo's Swedish Meatballs


"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it."

How true Greta, how true.

The lovely Buster is in town. He came over for Greta’s Swedish Meatballs last night and damn they were good, even if I do say so myself. I think I am actually getting quite a dab hand at cooking! And I dispute Greta's own statement that "there is no one who would have me - I can't cook. "

Me and B had a long conversation in the pub about “getting the bends”. I was blathering on about how his namesake Buster Crabbe died in mysterious circumstances in a diving accident off the coast of Portsmouth. I must have been having false memory syndrome brought on by an excess of beer as I can find no evidence of this now I am sober.

Mind you, MY Buster will be pleased to hear that Crabbe not only played Flash Gordon but Tarzan too. AND Buck Rogers. What a hero.

Tonight I will meet with the Chaw-Bacon armed with a proposal. I have taken Veronica's advice on board and decided exactly what I want from him. It does not involve attendance at social events...

No comments: