Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dick Powell's Baked Noodles


"The best thing about switching from being an actor to being a director is that you don't have to shave or hold your stomach in anymore.”

I tried Dick’s recipe for Baked Noodles on Saturday as I’m searching for a good veggie recipe to serve my sisters next Sunday – Veronica is a vegetarian. It turned out pretty good – quite cheesy and tasty – but I’m not sure it is frou frou enough for a big Sunday lunch affair.

Also made another batch of Ida’s Lemon Mousse – I am slightly addicted to it. Which is a bit of a worry as it is made almost entirely of full fat cream. Bad girl! Still, I have lost ½ stone since I gave up alcohol on 1st January for a month so can’t get too worried about it. I am almost at the finishing line too. I shall be working on my “martini barrel” from Thursday onwards when the booze ban is lifted. Bring on all the recipes that include sherry.

No comments: