Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Joan Blondell's Onion Soup


“I don't know what the secret to longevity as an actress is. It's more than talent and beauty. Maybe it's the audience seeing itself in you.”

Another winnner from my favourite of all the stars. I rustled it up for Grace and Ginger exactly as per Joan's recipe. My little copyright buster was to cut the toasted stale bread into a little circle with a pastry cutter before sprinkling on the parmesan. What a treat to find a soggy cheesy bit of bread at the bottom of your soup eh?

I must admit though when I returned to the house after watching a most entertaining independent film about Walthamstow Market it was like something out of an Emile Zola novel in there. The smell of onions was mighty strong throughout number 43. This morning in the shower it was coming out of my big old mop of hair too. Still, I amused myself by having a crack at singing, "The world is just a great big onion..." and now I am hopeful that I smell a bit nicer.
Things are afoot in the love life thank goodness.


The Artist seems to be on the verge of making a date for me to pose for him. He will be inspecting my head for bumps as he portrays everyone as a baldy. Should be fun.

No comments: