Tuesday, October 23, 2007

George Bancroft's Luscious Savory Beef Stew


"In nine times out of ten, the slanderous tongue belongs to a disappointed person."

Well that's about the size of it. I am a disappointed person. Still, it's only Tuesday... I have recovered my equilibrium somewhat and am looking forward to cooking up a feast for Charley tomorrow and seeing what he has to say about it all. If I get the afternoon off work it will be George Bancroft's Beef Stew which takes about 3 hours to cook. If not, it will be Joan Bennett's Baked Salmon.

I can hardly be moody about it tonight with Desmond on the radio followed by an Al Bowlly documentary on BBC4... Anyhow, my luck is changing. First of all a man in the street said, "NICE LEGS" to me this morning (admittedly I had remarked upon the fact he was dancing in the street by saying, "NICE MOVES") and then later I got a text from the lovely BBC telling me I had won two tickets to go and see the Kaiser Chiefs on Friday night.

Na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

No comments: