Monday, June 29, 2009

Janet Gaynor's Ice Box Cookies


Love that Tam O'Shanter!

I made a big batch of Janet's cookies for my Cinema Museum lecture and they were wolfed down by the lovely folk who came along. The lecture was lots of fun but I had a few technical problems. When my Greta Garbo clip failed to play I had to do the quote myself, "Gif me whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy baby." Ha ha!

I met some lovely people and had a chat after the event with a potential publisher for the book over beer, fish and a "little bit of chip".

3 comments:

Matthew Coniam said...

So sorry I couldn't get there: I had to WORK - have you ever heard anything so appalling?
I was even more jealous when I saw Angela's photos of the Cinema Museum.
Hope the publisher talks went well: good idea to have a few cookies there to grease the wheels, as they say.
Matthew

Lya de Putti said...

WORK? Oh, poor you. Hope it was fun in some shape or form. The Cinema Museum is a glorious institution - long may it prosper. All good with the publisher, I may be picking your brains about that sometime soon...

Matthew Coniam said...

Pick away..!