Saturday, April 03, 2010

Gloria Swanson Frock Competition - RESULT!

Well, the competition has closed and the winner has been announced. The answer to the question, "Which fruit did Gloria Swanson regularly keep in her handbag?" was AVOCADO. Quite a few of you guessed correctly, and everyone amused me greatly with their reasoning for choosing certain fruit, but only one person could win the frock and that person was the lovely Brian Dennis - portrait painter extraordinaire.

The exciting news is though that Brian did say that if he DID win, he would paint a portrait of someone wearing the dress (not sure it is his size!) so I'll keep you posted as to who that is going to be. In fact, I got a text from him this morning that suggested he might run his own competition to find a sitter to wear the frock.... So you may still get a chance my lovelies!

I am back from a little Easter visit to my folks which was lovely and I've just scoffed some Joan Bennett's Beetroot Salad which was yummy. Much to do this afternoon and tomorrow. Mostly watching 1940s fashion newsreel items. It's WORK you know!!

1 comment:

claire montgomerie said...

ah well, nevermind, a worthy winner! can't wait to see the finished portrait.
And i am so jealous of your 'work'...although having said that, I am sitting here on a beautiful day looking out over the garden and crocheting for 'work', so I can't complain. But some 1940s fashion newsreels would really top the day off, and maybe even inspire what I am making!